Why have chefs been cooking bacon in the oven for ages? Because it is easy, passive, you can do a very large batch at once and it makes much less mess.
What You’ll Need:
- Sheet Pan
- Oven Mitt
- Paper Towel
- Parchment or Foil (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment
- Lay the bacon in a single layer on the pan
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until your desired level of crispiness is achieved.
- Carefully drain off the excess bacon fat and transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Do I have to line the pan?
- Let us know how that goes...
You don’t but you’ll be scrubbing for a good bit afterward.
Can I store the bacon in the fridge?
- Be sure to hide it!
You betcha! It will keep up to five days in the fridge, reheat on the stove or in the oven for best results.